3rd ANNUAL YOUNG ARTIST SHOWCASE
Eligibility & Requirements
ELIGIBILITY: Participants must be currently in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade, and age 18 or under.
Ceramics All functional original clay and porcelain work, wheel thrown and hand built
Drawing Work created using chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, etc. and inks, by pen or brush
Fiber Work crafted from fibers including leather, paper, embroidery, weaving, tapestry
Jewelry Functional jewelry pieces, including bead work.
Mixed Media Works that incorporate more than one type of fine or applied art techniques
Painting Works created in oils, acrylics, or watercolor to canvas, wood, plaster, paper, etc.
Photography Any color or black and white photo.
Sculpture Three dimensional original work created in any single media, including wood
1. Each artist may enter up to three pieces in any combination of categories.
2. Two dimensional artwork must be mounted or framed and ready to hang, including a hanging wire. Hanging devices must be secure enough to support the piece throughout the month-long exhibit. If a hanging fails, the artwork will be removed from the show. Please see links to tutorials on how to properly attach hanging wire if you have any questions.
3. 3D work should include a display stand, if needed.
4. The following must be on the back of each piece: Name, Phone Number, Title, Medium, Age & Grade.
5. Due to limited space, and to allow for best viewing, all artwork should be between 8 x 10 inches and 16 x 20 inches.
6. All artwork must be suitable for public viewing.
7. Once entry forms are submitted no changes or substitutes will be permitted.
8. Artwork must remain on display for the duration of the showcase. Artists may not remove their own pieces. No artwork may be picked up before the allotted time on March 15th without special arrangements with the Arts Council.
9. Entry Forms must be received in the Paris Henry County Arts Council Office by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Registration can be completed here, by mailing a form to PO Box 1045, Paris, TN 38242, or by dropping a form at the Arts Council office at Lee Academy.
RECEIVING: For your convenience we will be accepting entries on multiple dates. Entries will be received at the Lee Academy for the Arts on Monday, February 11th from 2pm to 4pm; Wednesday, February 13th from 2pm to 4pm, and February 15th from 10am to 12noon. No work can be accepted after noon on Feb. 15th.
COLLECTING: Entry pick up is Friday, March 15th, 2019 from 2pm to 6pm. If you cannot pick up your pieces at this time, please make arrangements with the Arts Council. Any work left after this time will become the property of the Arts Council and will be donated to benefit a local Arts group.
Public Reception and Awards Presentation
2:00 P.M. Sunday, February 17, 2018
Lee Academy for the Arts
Here are a couple videos on how to properly attach a hanging wire to your artwork.