27th Annual Photo Showcase March 17-April 12, 2019
Captured Moments: A Photography Show
Eligibility & Requirements
ELIGIBILITY: Amateur and professional photographers of any age may enter. There are no age divisions.
Altered Images Photos manipulated for artistic purposes by applying special effects
Architectural Photos of buildings and similar structures that show accurate representation
Beginner Photos taken by photographers with less than two years’ experience
Black and White Photos of any subject taken in black and white
Downtown Paris Photos of places, people and events in downtown Paris, Tennessee
Mobile Photos taken with a mobile device (phone or tablet)
Natural World Photos of plants, landscapes, geological features or weather phenomena
People Portraits and photos of groups of people or individuals
Travel Photos that document an area’s people or culture and convey a sense of place
Wildlife & Animals Photos of animals, either in their natural habitat or in controlled conditions
1. Each photographer may enter up to three framed or gallery-wrapped photographs which include a hanging wire.
2. Minimum photo size is 8” X 10”. Maximum overall size is 24” X 24”.
3. The following must be on the back of each photograph: Name, Title, Category, Phone Number and Email Address.
4. All photos should be suitable for public viewing.
5. Photos are to remain on display for the duration of the showcase.
6. Entry Forms need to be received in the Paris Henry County Arts Council Office by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. Registration can be completed at www.phcarts.com, or by mailing a form to PO Box 1045, Paris, TN 38242, or by dropping a form at the Arts Council office at Lee Academy.
7. There is no entry fee.
RECEIVING: Entries will be received at W. G. Rhea Public Library at 400 W. Washington St., Paris, TN, 38242 on Saturday, March 16, 2019 between the hours of 9 AM and 11 AM.
COLLECTING: Entry pick up is Friday, April 12, 2019 from 3 PM to 6 PM. If you cannot pick up your photos at this time, please make arrangements with the Arts Council.
Public Reception and Awards Presentation
2:00 P.M. Sunday, March 17, 2019
W. G. Rhea Public Library
Sponsors of Captured Moments: A Photography Show are Dr. Danny and Martha Jo Kimberlin