2018 Paris Henry County Arts Council Photo Showcase
Eligibility and Requirements
ELIGIBILITY: Amateur and professional photographers of any age may enter.
- Altered Images: Photos manipulated for artistic purposes by applying special effects through Photoshop or other means
- Architectural: Photos of buildings and similar structures that show accurate representation
- Downtown Paris: Photos of places, people and events in downtown Paris, Tennessee
- Mobile: Photos taken with a mobile device (phone or tablet)
- Natural World: Photos of plants, landscapes, geological features or weather phenomena
- People: Photos that focus on people, either portraits or any photos of groups of people or individuals
- Travel: Photos that document an area’s people, culture, and convey a sense of the place
- Wildlife & Animals: Photos of animals, either in their natural habitat or in controlled conditions
Each photographer may enter up to three framed photographs which must include a hanging wire. Gallery wrapped photos with hanging wires will be accepted. Hanging devices must be secure enough to support the piece throughout the month-long exhibit. If a hanging fails, the photo will be removed.
Minimum overall size is 8” X 10”. Maximum overall size is 24” X 24”. Maximum overall size will be strictly enforced due to limited display space.
The following must be on the back of each photograph: Name, Address, and Phone Number.
Along with each entry, a digital copy of the image should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All photos must be suitable for public viewing.
All entries must have been completed within the last two years and not previously shown in this event.
Once entry forms are submitted no changes or substitutes will be permitted
Photos must remain on display for the duration of the showcase. Artist may not remove their own photos. No photos may be picked up before the allotted time on April 6th without special arrangements with the Arts Council.
Entry Forms must be received in the Paris Henry County Arts Council Office by 5:00 PM on Monday, February 26, 2018. Registration can be completed at www.phcarts.com, by mailing a form to PO Box 1045, Paris, TN 38242, or by dropping a form at the Arts Council office at Lee Academy.
RECEIVING: Entries will be received at the Lee Academy for the Arts on Saturday, March 3 between the hours of 9 AM and 11 AM. No work can be accepted after 11 AM.
COLLECTING: Entry pick up is Friday, April 6, 2018 from 2 PM to 6 PM. If you cannot pick up your photos at this time, please make arrangements with the Arts Council.
Any work left after this time will become the property of the Arts Council and will be donated to benefit a local Arts group.
Awards Presentation and Public Reception
2:00 P.M. Sunday, March 4th, 2018
Lee Academy for the Arts