34th Annual Artist Showcase 2019
OFFICIAL ENTRY RULES:
1. Artwork will be accepted in the following categories:
Ceramics All original clay and porcelain work
Drawing Work created using chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, etc. and inks, by pen or brush
Fiber Work crafted from fibers including leather, paper, embroidery, weaving, tapestry
Mixed Media 2D and 3D works that incorporate more than one type of physical material
Painting Works created in oils, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
Sculpture Three dimensional original work created in any single media, including wood
2. Each artist may enter up to three pieces in any combination of categories. Entry Fee is $10 per piece.
3. 2D artwork must be framed and ready to hang, including a hanging wire. Hanging devices must be secure enough to support the piece throughout the month-long exhibit. If a hanging fails, the artwork will be removed from the show.
4. 3D work should include a display stand, if needed.
5. The following must be on the back of each photograph: Name, Phone Number, Title, Medium, Price or NFS (not for sale). Phone numbers will be included on display card for any items with listed price.
6. All pieces must have been completed within the last two years and not previously shown in this event.
7. All artwork must be suitable for public viewing.
8. Once entry forms are submitted no changes or substitutes will be permitted.
9. Artwork must remain on display for the duration of the showcase. Artists may not remove their own pieces. No artwork may be picked up before the allotted time on May 10th without special arrangements with the Arts Council.
10. Entry Forms and Fees must be received in the Paris Henry County Arts Council Office by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. Registration can be completed at www.phcarts.com, by mailing a form to PO Box 1045, Paris, TN 38242, or by dropping a form at the Arts Council office at Lee Academy.
RECEIVING: Entries will be received at the Lee Academy for the Arts on Saturday, April 13 between the hours of 9 AM and 11 AM. No work can be accepted after 11 AM.
COLLECTING: Entry pick up is Friday, May 10, 2019 from 2 PM to 6 PM. If you cannot pick up your pieces at this time, please make arrangements with the Arts Council. Any work left after this time will become the property of the Arts Council and will be donated to benefit a local Arts group.
Awards Presentation and Public Reception
2:00 P.M. Sunday, April 14, 2019
Lee Academy for the Arts